Happy February, friends! I’m sorry I’ve been absent from posting on my blog lately. Life has been so busy, and I’m not even planning a wedding anymore so I don’t know where the time goes. Anyone that knows me well, knows I have a major addiction to beauty products. I love reading Sephora reviews, watching make-up tutorials and trying to find the latest must-haves. I hope to start sharing more of my beauty favorites on here because it’s something I really do love. I don’t make any promises that I’m a professional make-up artist, but I am definitely a beauty junkie. Since I haven’t done a post on my favorite products before, I’m sharing some of my long-time beauty favorites, as well as some new products I am loving. I also have to share this comfy pj set. It is SO soft and comes in three other adorable styles if hearts aren’t your thing.
MY FEBRUARY BEAUTY FAVORITES
- Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer – I’ve been using this primer for years. I first tried it when I lived in Chicago so I know I’m going on at least year three with it. I’ve tried to switch to other primers during the last three years, but I haven’t been able to find anything I like as much. The texture is amazing! It is so silky and lightweight. It definitely makes my foundation stay on longer and makes pores less visible. I also like that it has SPF 15 in it.
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow Face Sculpt and Highlight – This set is my new favorite highlighter and bronzer duo. I’ve been a long time supporter of the Becca highlighter which I still love, but this highlighter is more subtle. I always felt like the Becca highlighter was a little extra for work, but this color gives the perfect amount of glow without being too noticeable. The bronzer is also a great color. It doesn’t look too orange and it’s the best color bronzer I’ve found. I’ve tried it with and without a spray tan, and the color looks great with both of my skin tones. If you’re looking for dramatic, you might be disappointed with this duo, but I highly recommend it for an everyday look. I use this Tarte brush to apply highlighter and bronzer because one side is meant for contouring and you can buff and blend everything with the larger side.
- Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector – I have a major problem with dark circles. No matter how rested I am, they will be there. I apply this brightening corrector under my concealer to help hide them (and prep the concealer!). Unfortunately, nothing is going to completely get rid of my dark circles, but this is really helping! The jar might seem little, but it lasts forever. I had my last one for almost a year.
- Diorshow Maximizer Lash Primer – This is another product I’ve been using for years. It primes your eyelashes before putting on your mascara and makes a huge difference in how my mascara looks. It helps to separate, curl and enhance the mascara. No bad eyelash days with this stuff!
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara – I bought a sampler mascara set from Sephora because I’m always on the hunt for the next best one. So far, this has been my favorite mascara I’ve tried. I’m still convinced there is one that will make me look like I’m wearing fake lashes so I’m continuing my search, but until then, I’m liking the results with Lights, Camera, Lashes. I like that it goes on very dark, lengthens, separates and adds volume. I haven’t had any issues with clumping or flakiness using this mascara either.
- Tarte Sex Kitten Liquid Eyeliner – This is my favorite product on the list. I tried SO many liquid eyeliners to find the perfect one. I’ve also used the Stila and Kat Von D ones, but this one definitely beats them. The Sex Kitten eyeliner goes on easily and doesn’t smudge throughout the day.
- Kjaer Weis Cream Blush – I only used powder blush until I tried this cream blush. I was always scared of how to apply it, but I used this MAC brush, and it was so easy. You can also apply it with your fingers. A lot of beauty bloggers recommend cream blushes to achieve a glowy look which is always what I’m going for! I got the color sun touched which is a pretty coral color that makes you look like you’ve been on vacation. One thing I really love about Kjaer Weis products is that they all come in sustainable packaging and all the ingredients are certified natural or organic. If you’re local to Newport Beach, you can find Kjaer Weis products at Cos Bar at Lido Marina Village.
- Kjaer Weis Pressed Powder – This plant based powder is perfect for setting makeup and controlling shine. I use a loose powder sometimes, but I’m loving how clean it is to apply the pressed powder. It gives me a nice soft finish. I use this Hourglass brush to apply it. Although it says it’s a foundation/blush brush, it’s a really great multi-use brush, and I usually use it for applying setting powders.
- Make Up For Ever Lip Booster– Someone at Sephora told me Make Up For Ever had the best lipglosses. I was shopping online for the lipgloss (which I still haven’t found), and I came across this lip serum. I’ve been using it every morning and it hydrates my lips and makes them look fuller. I like to put this on at the beginning of my beauty routine so it has time to absorb before I apply lip color.
- Nars Velvet Lip Glide Duo – I’m always searching for a great new long-wear lip color. I really like the Nars ones because they aren’t too drying, but they still last a good amount of time. I loved the two colors in this mini set which included Californication and Staying Alive. I’m wearing Californication in the photos which is a little lighter than Staying Alive. Both are pretty pinks.
- Kat Von D Saint perfume – I wore the same perfume for years because I couldn’t find anything I liked better, and while I was searching for a lipstick for my wedding I found this perfume. It smells AMAZING! It has a soft floral smell with hints of vanilla. Trust me, it’s so good!
I’d love to hear what your beauty favorites are or any products you’ve been wanting to try! If you all like this type of beauty favorites post, let me know, and I’ll try to do them more frequently! As always, thanks for reading! xoxo!