Hi friends! In honor of my 27th birthday today, I want to share 27 fun facts about me (and this adorable leopard outfit).
27 FUN FACTS ABOUT ME
- I grew up in a town called Mexico, MO. When I tell people that’s where I’m from, they get confused and think I’m from Mexico the country.
- I had to get stitches when a dog named Porkchop ran me over when I was little, and the scar is still there to this day.
- I am not an adventurous person, but I did go skydiving in New Zealand, and I can happily say I will never do it again.
- I am probably one of the messiest people I know when it comes to keeping a clean house. Never stop by without giving me notice, or I’ll be pretty embarrassed.
- I am addicted to Bravo!, especially The Real Housewives. Orange County is my favorite for obvious reasons.
- I had only been to California one time before moving here, and that was a two day trip for Tyler’s interview. We took a major leap of faith, but we have found so many blessings from our decision.
- I am a major snacker and so is my fiancé. We can’t keep tortilla chips or Cheez-Its around the house because we eat the whole bag in one day.
- We adopted both of our fur babies on a whim, almost exactly two years apart from each other. Now we wonder if we’ll have our first baby in October since that is when our other babies came to us.
- My favorite food is Mexican food or pizza. I could eat chips and salsa all day.
- I was so shy as a child I got kicked out of preschool because I hid under the table in the fetal position every day, and they thought it was traumatizing me.
- I LOVE sparkling water but hate drinking regular water. I try to make myself track how much I drink because if I don’t, I probably only have one glass a day.
- My favorite pet growing up was named Miss Kitty. She showed up on my great-grandma’s doorstep the day after my great-grandpa died. She passed away from cancer earlier this month, and I will forever cherish all my memories with my bestie kitty.
- I was valedictorian of my high school. I’ve always been super competitive when it comes to school and only got one A- in college and the rest A’s, but my fiancé had a 4.0 in college. Sometimes, I’m still mad about that A- because it means he beat me.
- I am super pale. I get spray tans weekly or every other week. I was made fun of so much in middle school that I tanned every single day in high school. I’m now worried about getting skin cancer so that’s why you’ll find me with a regular spray.
- My first job was at my mom’s quilt store. I cut fabric all day long.
- I never worked out (other than PE) until my sophomore year of college. I hated it at first, but as time goes on, I’m starting to love it!
- Blood and needles make me queasy. I used to think I wanted to be a doctor until I realized even the sight of a needle made me feel faint and need to lie down.
- Growing up I had the weirdest taste in food. My lunch consisted of pepperonis and fruit roll-ups. Ramen noodles were my favorite dinner.
- We were major Beanie Baby collectors in my household. My sister and I owned hundreds, many of which are still sitting in a trunk in my parent’s living room.
- I can sleep for hours and hours. If you don’t wake me up, I’ll be asleep until noon. In fact, I went to sleep at 9 pm last night and didn’t get up until 11 am. I push myself so hard during the week, come Friday, I am out.
- I’m a homebody. I love staying in on the weekends and watching shows, meaning I am super excited fall TV is back.
- I’ve wanted to start a blog since college but never had enough confidence in myself to do so. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve started caring less what people think and trying to trust God more, so that’s why you’re finding me here now.
- I only wore graphic t-shirts from ages 4-6. I even wanted to wear one when I was a flower girl. It’s funny to think back on that since I tend to have a girlier style now.
- I’m still scared of the dark. When I’m home alone, I sleep with the lights and tv on. I know, I must be getting terrible sleep on those nights.
- I had never experienced an earthquake, and there was one during the middle of the night in Missouri when I was in high school. My bed was shaking, similar to what I saw in The Exorcist, and I quickly woke my parents up screaming that I thought I’d been possessed.
- I hate the taste of coffee and chocolate. I’m hoping I’ll start liking coffee one day though because I could use the caffeine kick. Until then, tea it is!
- I’m not actually 5 feet tall. I’m 4’11” and three-fourths, but it’s much easier to say five feet.
Shop the look here: